A dedicated Minecraft Bedrock Edition server written in TypeScript with focus on performance, extensibility and ease-of-use.
Why use JSPrismarine?
- Open source with the permissive MPL2 license.
- Under active development.
Prebuilt binaries will be provided once a stable release is out, these will not require a node environment. For now however, you can either follow the steps bellow or download the latest nightly (which may or may not work).
- Linux/MacOS/Unix based OS or Windows (requires WSL)
- You need Node.js v14+ and npm v7+.
- Clone the repository
git clone https://github.com/JSPrismarine/JSPrismarine.git.
- Go in the cloned repository
- Install dependencies
- Before running production build you have to build it
npm run build
- You're done, you can run it using
npm run start (or
npm run dev for development)
- Can I contribute?
- Is JSPrismarine for
Minecraft: Bedrock Edition or
Minecraft: Java Edition?
- JSPrismarine is made for
Minecraft: Bedrock Edition, there may however be plugin(s) available to provide a
Minecraft: Java Edition implementation..
- What devices devices can a player join JSPrismarine with?
- By default PC/Windows, Android, iOS. However with some tricks you can also join with Xbox One, Switch and the PS4.
- Which OSes can run JSPrismarine?
- Any platform supporting Node.js v14 or later.
- Does it support plugins?
- Yes but JSPrismarine is in fast development-mode which means that currently SEMVER isn't strictly followed. We do however try to provide a deprecation warning two weeks ahead of removing an API function.
- If my question isn't listed here where should I sak?
- Why can't I join a JSPrismarine instance hosted on my Windows PC?
- To join an instance of JSPrismarine hosted on the same Windows machine you need to enable Loopback by doing the following:
- Open Windows PowerShell as administrator
- Run this command:
CheckNetIsolation LoopbackExempt -a -n="Microsoft.MinecraftUWP_8wekyb3d8bbwe"
- Open Minecraft and add a server with the ip
- JSPrismarine still in active development, currently no stable version is released.
- The plugin API isn't stable.